Article processing charges (APCs)
Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (the publication in the discussion forum is free of charge).
NHESS offers a limited number of article processing charge waivers. Authors can apply for these waivers during manuscript registration by mentioning the waiver application in the comment box "cover letter". The final decision is made by the executive editors upon acceptance of the discussion paper and can be a partial or a full waiver of the publication fees.
The following APCs are valid for any manuscript submitted from 1 January 2018. Manuscripts submitted before this date are charged €75/90 net per page.
|Price per journal page
|LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package
|Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.